srijeda, 25. lipnja 2014.

Still human (Just human #2) by Kerry Heavens

Oh my. This one is just perfect!!!
  
About the book:

Danny and Liv are back...

Danny loves Liv. He knows he loves her more than she loves him because she ran without a word when she saw their future mapped out before her. He knows he will never love anyone like he loved her and this time he doesn’t think he can move on.


Liv loves Danny. She knows she loves him more than he loves her because he broke her heart in the worst possible way, right when things were falling into place. She knows she will never love anyone like she loves him and this time she doesn’t think she can move on.


They needed a second chance because they just weren’t ready for their first, but when events changed everything between them, they discovered they were just human after all. Now Liv and Danny have to find a way to survive being hurt by each other. 


They doubted, they underestimated and they did believe the worst, but only because they were too young the first time and too vulnerable the second time. But now they have changed and if they are not the same, surely things can only turn out differently?





“You told me once that you were afraid I would turn out to be just human and that I would hurt you. I told you then that I am just human and that I could be hurt just as easily. Well I’m still human… I’m still me and I know we could destroy each other. But I don’t care, because life without you isn’t worth living...”


This is the most beautiful quote in the book (for me). I just can’t explain why, but it is.

Rating 5/5

First of all, you can’t read this one if you didn’t read the first book, Just Human (of which you can read review here).

While I was reading this book, in my mind I kept seeing rails which I cross every day on my way to work.  And then I figured why. Their life is one big journey.

Just Human ended in mess. Liv run away from Danny back to UK (if you want to know why - READ THE BOOK, I’m not telling :P ).

Liv is in fear. She can’t be broken again, but she loves him.
Danny is in fear. He thinks she run away because she found out about his plans for their future.

This book is about forgiveness and trust and friendship.
Can Liv trust him again? Can she trust herself and her feelings?

Again I can only quote myself: “I like every second of Liv thoughts and fears and how she reacts on everything.” I don’t know why... but I’m like her, full of fears and doubts and not always optimistic (if ever?). And Danny is so great that I’m in love with him. He’s my new book boyfriend so back off ladies he’s mine! :D

I can’t explain why I fell in love with this book. It’s just great. It’s full of love, lust, forgiveness, great friendship and overcoming every obstacle in life. I hope that one day this book will be on my bookshelf with Just human as well (for now, it's only ebook). 



About this author (taken from goodreads)

I'm Kerry, I live with my family outside London. I am married to the love of my life and we have two amazing, beautiful children and a nutball Boston terrier, called Betty. 

I graduated from the Surrey Institute of Art and Design with a degree in Fashion. I realised straight away that the industry wasn't for me, so I've been creatively frustrated ever since. I have tried a bit of everything to satisfy my need for a creative outlet. Nothing keeps me happy for long. Until I discovered writing. Writing a book has always been a dream, but I had no clue where to start. Then one day, parking my car at the supermarket, Liv & Danny came to me like a thunderbolt. I don't know where they came from, but I raced home and started making them real. Now I have two books to publish and lots more ideas to work on.


I am extremely prone to crushes on boys in books...on trains, in the street, wherever. From my early infatuation with Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing and Tom Cruise in Cocktail, to my recent obessions with book-boyfriends like Christian Grey, Travis Maddox and Kellan Kyle, I have always been the same. For the time it takes me to read a book I have an intense love affair with the characters, sometimes they stay with me for a week, sometimes it’s for life. Sometimes I feel like I will need therapy to cope with the fact that they are not real and will never be mine! Even though I am devoted to my husband, I'll never change, not as long as brilliant, creative writers keep giving me deeply flawed, yet perfect men to love...I hope, I dream, that these are the types of characters I can one day create to be obsessed over.


Kerry's website
Kerrys' Twitter profile
Kerry on Goodreads
Kerry's books on amazon

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar