četvrtak, 3. srpnja 2014.

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern (review)

This is a story about how tomorrow can change what happens today...

Tamara Goodwin has everything she ever wanted and she never has to think about tomorrow. But suddenly her world is turned upside down and she has to leave her glamorous city life for a new one in the country. However, Tamara is soon lonely and longing to return home.
Then a travelling library arrives in the village, bringing with it a mysterious leather-bound book locked with a gold clasp and padlock. What Tamara discovers within its pages takes her breath away and everything starts to change in the most unexpected of ways...





“You shouldn't try to stop everything from happening. Sometimes you're supposed to feel awkward. Sometimes you're supposed to be vulnerable in front of people. Sometimes it's necessary because it's all part of you getting to the next part of yourself, the next day.” 

“What if we knew what tomorrow would bring? Would we fix it? Could we?”

“All families have their secrets, most people would never know them, but they know there are spaces, gaps where the answers should be, where someone should have sat, where someone used to be. A name that is never uttered or uttered just once and never again. We all have our secrets.” 

“Hope like that, as I thought before, doesn’t make you a weak person. It’s hopelessness that makes you weak. Hope makes you stronger, because it brings with it a sense of reason. Not a reason for how or why they were taken from you, but a reason for you to live. Because it’s a maybe. A ‘maybe someday things won’t always be this shit.’ And that ‘maybe’ immediately makes the shittiness better.” 

I could go on forever with quotes but I can't. All great quotes you can find on Goodreads

My first book from Cecelia was Love, Rosie, or better known as Where Rainbows End and I instantly fell in love with her writing and characters. Where Rainbows Ends was perfect. It ended on my the best of the best bookshelf. Then I read Thanks for the Memories and I liked that one as well. I tried to read P.S. I love you but didn’t finish... I knew that sometimes it happens, and everyone else loves it but I couldn’t finish it. But it doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t read her other books.

About few weeks ago I bought The Book of Tomorrow because I had to wait my boyfriend while he changed tires on his car with his friend. I read only first chapter but I knew that I’ll be reading this one after I finished Just Human series by Kerry Heavens.

Tamara is a little brat but we all see that there is some goodness in her hearth.
Her daddy committed suicide. He was in in a large debts and bank took the house. Tamara and her mother are forced to live with her uncle Arthur and aunt Rosaleen. They both are wired and Tamara hates that she is no longer with her best friends where she can do whatever she wants. Rosaleen watches her every step like hawk.  
When she finds the book that shows her what will happen tomorrow it all gets more interesting.
Now all she has to do is get back her mother from depression and find out why is Rosaleen so full of secrets.

This book is great. It didn’t make me cry or lough like Where Rainbows Ends, but... :)
I highly recommend it, it’s must read this summer for everyone who loves Cecelia’s books and anyone who love adventures and old castles ;)


Rating 4.5/5 (but I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads)

I'll write a review on Croatian tomorrow.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar