subota, 23. kolovoza 2014.

Guest Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (English and Croatian)

This is my first guest review and it's from my BFF Lucija.


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.



But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


Good book to read over the summer on the beach or where ever you are. Or in the winter. Whenever :) It's mostly a chick-lit but it has its moments which surprise you like this….

"She beams at Toph. He waggles eyebrows back and then turns to the crowd and leers. 'And, oh yeah. Don't screw her, 'cause I already am. SUCK IT, ATLANTA, GOOD NIGHT."

or this…

" 'But you like him. And he likes you too.'I stop choking my pillow. 'You think?''Please. The boy gets a boner every time you walk in the room.'My eyes pop back open. Does she mean that figuratively or has she actually seen something? No."

By the time you actually get into book and characters (and that's very quick) you won't be able to stop reading it. I actually began to feel like I'm in love and I'm not a fan of a chick-lit so that's really an accomplishment :) Also, there are great descriptions of Paris which make you want to go there as soon as possible, enjoy some great food and take a long walk because there's a lot magnificent buildings and landscapes to see.  

What didn't wow me is the ending of the book. I would've liked it much more if it ended about 100 pages earlier (on my e-book reader it has almost 700 pages). There's a lot of unnecessary drama after it, crying, fighting and oh-surprises-you-love-me scene which was all but surprising.

All in all, I quite like the book. Not it-blown-the-roof-off because it didn't, but it still deserves a very good 4 :)




Dobra knjiga za čitanje ljeti na plaži ili gdje god se nalazili. Ili zimi. Kad god :) Uglavnom je chick-lit, ali ima svojih trenutaka koji vas znaju iznenaditi kao što je to ovaj...


"She beams at Toph. He waggles eyebrows back and then turns to the crowd and leers. 'And, oh yeah. Don't screw her, 'cause I already am. SUCK IT, ATLANTA, GOOD NIGHT."

 ili ovaj...

" 'But you like him. And he likes you too.'I stop choking my pillow. 'You think?''Please. The boy gets a boner every time you walk in the room.'My eyes pop back open. Does she mean that figuratively or has she actually seen something? No."


Kad se uživite u knjigu i likove (a to se dogodi jako brzo) ne možete ju prestati čitati, znam da ja nisam mogla :). U biti, u jednom sam se trenutku čak počela osjećati zaljubljeno, a nisam neki fan chick-lita tako da je to stvarno postignuće :) Uz to, u knjizi ima super opisa Pariza zbog kojih poželite otići tamo što je prije moguće i uživati u ukusnoj hrani i dugim šetnjama uz veličanstvene građevine i krajolike.


Ono što me baš i nije oduševilo je kraj knjige. Puno bi mi se više svidjela da je završila kojih stotinjak stranica ranije (na e-book readeru ih ima skoro 700). Tad dolazi do puno nepotrebnih drama, suza, svađa i, naravno, tu je i oh-surprises-you-love-me scena koja je sve samo ne iznenađujuća.

Sve u svemu, svidjela mi se knjiga. Ne na it-blown-the-roof-off način jer toliko dobra nije, ali i dalje zaslužuje jako dobru ocjenu - 4 :)





Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar