nedjelja, 11. siječnja 2015.

Review: Uncroos the Stars by Janell Rhiannon @theravenangel

 Fiona Lavender is the new girl at school. She has a chip on her shoulder and a penchant for poetry. Dario Martinez is the star quarterback, and the most unattainable guy on campus. Their stars cross when they are paired to study Romeo and Juliet for a senior English project. Their attraction is fragile and undeniable. But, Dario is afraid of what love will do; and Fiona is waiting for love to claim her. 

Will they uncross the stars and find the love they both need to heal their pasts?



First of all; I am thankful to receive this book from the author Janell Rhiannon. Second, I am even more thankful because the book was really great and fast read :) I couldn't put it aside. I read it till midnight the other day even though I had to work in the morning shift and when guest came at my door yesterday I was pissed because I knew I had to delay my reading. So you can see that this book kept me really occupied :)

I must admit that YA is my guilty pleasure xD 
When I started the book I can say that I was afraid. Dario is the name of my own past and constantly reminded me of it but the story in the book was so great that I forgot about name problem and kept reading.


Fiona is sweet and smart girl, geek in love with poetry and assigned to work with Dario, star quarterback of the school. I know what you all mean. He’s probably full of himself as stars of school always are. But he’s not. He’s just a cute boy who is afraid to fall in love; his focus is football, not girls, they never was but with Fiona is different. They start sweet teenage relationship that is fragile and the smallest thing can rock it.

Ryan is Dario’s best friend since forever and no one would expect him to be jealous on star quarterback but he is and he’s willing to do everything to get Dario’s spot in football team and ruin his relationship with Fiona.

What will happen next? I won’t tell. You must read it to find out. I can tell you won't regret it :)


One little thing that bothered me is that I kept thinking that kids in this book are not real, I mean that kids today don’t act like them anymore, which is sad. I mean on the part that everyone starts smoking as soon they start high school (some even sooner) and lose virginity as soon as they can. This book is example that love can be pure and sweet and that you don’t need lose your virginity with the first guy you fall for. Believe me I know, I've waited some years and kissed a lot of frogs but I found boy who loves me and respects me... Okay, this is off topic but I think you all know what I mean and if you read this book than you’ll see why I needed to bring this out.

In the end of this review all I have to say that it’s five star review from me. I recommend it to anyone who loves YA and high school romances :) I know I do :D (Oh, and I do two love 30 Seconds to Mars)

While reading this book I listened band I discovered the other day. Here’s song that fits this book :)


AUTHOR BIO:
Janell has been writing since she was in grade school. In high school, her 9th grade English teacher suggested she consider a career in writing. After a decade in college and a Master's degree in history, she settled into teaching.

Writing never stopped. Stories never stopped. READING fiction never stopped. Now, she writes and publishes on-line. Invisible Wings is her first YA novel, a compilation of short stories centered on teenage life triumphs and tragedies. She believes being a teenager is difficult and wrote Invisible Wings to let teens know they aren't alone. That they matter. That even though life is rough, they can still find beauty and love.

Beside the YA stories close to her heart, she adores Mythology and Fairy tales. Anything magical and mystical. And dragons. And gargoyles.

She currently lives in CA.

Visit her at Facebook @Janell Rhiannon Author. If you want to see what projects are in the works or find out more about the her, visit

Author links:

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar