ponedjeljak, 23. veljače 2015.

Book Review: Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot


When Julia Buchanan enrolls at St. Anne’s at the beginning of junior year, Charlotte Ryder already knows all about the former senator’s daughter. Most people do... or think they do.

Charlotte certainly never expects she’ll be Julia’s friend. But almost immediately, she is drawn into the larger than-life-new girl’s world—a world of midnight rendezvous, dazzling parties, palatial vacation homes, and fizzy champagne cocktails. And then Charlotte meets, and begins falling for, Julia’s handsome older brother, Sebastian.

But behind her self-assured smiles and toasts to the future, Charlotte soon realizes that Julia is still suffering from a tragedy. A tragedy that the Buchanan family has kept hidden... until now.




I have fallen for the cover. Again. Big time.

Every book blogger I follow has given four stars review for this book but I won’t. It’s not that the book isn't good, because it was, but the whole story was not enough for me, something is missing.

The book is about friendship, but I would say it’s more about how you feel when you ditch your old friends because of someone new, in this case Julia, and whole her family and cute brother (yes, that was unavoidable). All the romance with two of them was not good enough for me. I see where the author wanted us to go with the thoughts but for me she didn't write enough of their story. I get that because I know how it’s like. I write and have the whole story in my mind by I’m always afraid have I written enough to conjure the whole story in readers mind. I have feeling that the big part of the story remained only in her thoughts and not on the paper :(

Charlotte was so blinded by the whole Buchanan family that she didn't see that Julia wasn't her real friend as she thought...

I could write a lot about this book but I don’t want to spoil the book anyone who would like to read it. And I have a headache soo...

I can only say that I was rather disappointed by it cause I expected a lot more.

Big part of the book was situated on the Nantucket Island, so here's the pic. You can find more photos here



Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar