nedjelja, 18. listopada 2015.

Review: Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. 

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. 

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.







As soon I've started to read this one I knew it will be hard to write review.

I loved the Girisha trilogy. It was the best three books that I've read this year and I was so lucky that Six of Crows came out quickly. Some part of me hoped it will be situated in Ravka. I wanted to see all the old characters in it... Nikolai, Alina even Zoya... but in this book we were in Keterdam. Remember that island just south on the map in the book? Krech? Yeah, that would be there. And even though there were few mentions of Ravka and some characters from The Girsha trilogy they were subtle. 

I didn't know what to expect from this one even though, I must admit, expectations where big. Did that book deliver? I say yes. I enjoyed the story and all the characters. You always find someone to dislike in the book, like I didn't quite click with Mal in the previous ones even tough I knew he was destined for Alina. I was team Darkling ;) I loved Nina, yeah, cause of her name at first, but trough the story she was even more great, and her and Matthiases story.. I just enjoyed. Kaz and Inej.. oh I cant wait for the sequel of Six of Crow cause this one left us wanting more!




What I didn't like was that at a times I found difficult to read the book. English is not my native language but I've been reading books on English more than five years if not longer. I've struggled with words and it took me longer to read it. Because of that struggle I considered it to give a four star review but in the end I gave it five stars. It's not books fault that I haven't figured all out (*cries in my mind*).




Now I have to wait to find out what will happen next... Oh, and, don't you love how the book looks like? I fell in love with my copy as soon as I saw it. 




Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar