srijeda, 18. studenoga 2015.

Guest Post: The Mafia's Banker by Luca Longobardi @PublishingPush



At 21 years of age I left my life in Italy to pursue my dream of becoming a top financier on Wall Street. 

Twenty years later, I woke one day to find that I was “The Mafia’s Banker”. 

In a single moment my life was changed forever. 
I do not want sympathy. I am not asking for help nor revenge. I just want back what is rightfully mine. My dignity.



Guest Post


YES, you are probably asking yourself, who is this guy?  Or maybe you don’t care.  I do, I care about who I was and I care about who I am.  It is not a matter of EGO, it is a matter of dignity.  Yes, dignity is something that is non-negotiable, something we can’t live without.  But at one point of my life I was stripped of my dignity.
Have you seen this man? A simplistic, raw expression of being on Interpol’s Red notice, and that’s what I was in August of 2010.  It feels like the whole world is after you, looking for you.


With this, for the first time in my life, I’m going to be my own Interpol.  I want to feel the emotion of me breaking the news to the world.  I want to push that button that made me wanted in 190 countries.  I want to be responsible and I want to be in control.


I’m just not scared anymore.
“The man that doesn’t have anything else to lose is not scared about anything or  anybody”.  Salvatore Conte in Gomorra la serie


 Well that man is me, Now.




About the Author:






A bio has everything to do with whom and where we grew up. My life was influenced by Raffaele Longobardi, my grandfather. I still remember being a little kid and listening to all of his stories about America, and that’s from whom I’ve inherited the desire to pursue my American Dream. I’m 45, when I speak I’m sorry for my audience, they need to make an effort to understand me, and when I write I feel sorry for my readers, even after spending 24 years abroad, I still keep all my Italian speech heritage. I’m a Cereal Entrepreneur, Cereal with a C , because every time I have breakfast a new disruptive idea comes up. The cost of being like me? 30 days as Interpol’s most wanted man and 30 days in a maximum security prison. I have spent 20 years of my life between NYC, Miami, Sao Paolo and Porto Alegre, and the past 4 between Milan and London. I’ve spent my life investing for others and for myself, in all kinds of business ideas from internet companies of the bubble era as well as the modern to food startups and more. I’ve met lots of founders and entrepreneurs, disappointed by some, surprised by others, but from all, lots of learning.
At 21 I left my country with a bag full of dreams and hopes and US$500 in my pocket. I’ve slept in some of the best hostels in NYC as well as some of the cleanest train stations, after washing dishes, peeling potatoes and serving tables . At 23 I landed my first job on Wall Street, in one of those Stratton Oakmont satellite companies. A few years after, I got to call the shots in a honest and institutional organisation, with one of the oldest investment banks in the world and later I went on to build my own investment banking business .
At 29 I met and married my now ex wife, Maria Joana Parizotto a former Miss Brazil. With whom I have had a marriage of 14 years and the biggest gift of my life, daddy’s girl, Julia and Raffaella, my daughters.
web

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar