Hi, there! Rebecca Hamilton here to tell you how SUPER excited we are to bring you this MEGA giveaway! First place prize is a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card, but we also have 12 runner up ebook and paperback prizes! Entering will connect you with 21 paranormal romance and urban fantasy authors for more great deals, freebies, and giveaway, so in a way, everyone wins!
Before you enter the giveaway, check out an interview with Emily Mitchell from the Middlemarch Shifters series by Shelley Munro, one of the authors sponsoring the giveaway!
Hi! Greetings from New Zealand, and a big thank you for hosting me and helping to spread the word about My Scarlet Woman and the Middlemarch Shifters series. I’ve brought a friend with me today—Emily Scarlet. EMILY: Excuse me, Shelley. It’s Emily Mitchell now. SHELLEY: Right! Pardon me. I thought I’d start from the beginning. Why don’t you tell everyone how you decided to visit Middlemarch? EMILY: Sure. It was an emotional time in my life. My first husband changed after our marriage. I was happy playing wife and homemaker, cooking for him and making sure everything was just so while he concentrated on his career. What I didn’t know was that Michael was having an affair with his secretary. Color me stupid! I didn’t have a clue. The first I learned of the affair was at breakfast when he told me I was boring and he was leaving me for Tessa. Then, a few hours later, the police were at the door telling me Michael was dead. A car accident. For six months I brooded and one day I decided, enough. The cheating louse wasn’t worth it. I went shopping, changed my hair and swapped my glasses for contacts. A poster for the Middlemarch Singles dance caught my eye, and I decided it was fate. The perfect place to find a man for one night of naughtiness. My girlfriend Maggie, who was also my sister-in-law, just about had a cow when I told her what I intended to do. She insisted on going with me and kept telling me I needed medication. She was wrong. It was the best decision ever! SHELLEY: Emily, the special man you met that night swept you off your feet, and you ended up marrying him. We won’t spoil the story for readers, but tell me more about Middlemarch. It’s a small country town. Don’t you miss the city? EMILY: I adore Middlemarch. It’s home. Why don’t I give you a list of the reasons I love living in Middlemarch? Besides, the next Middlemarch Singles Ball is soon. The ladies reading this might enjoy attending. http://www.middlemarch.co.nz/events/singles-ball.html SHELLEY: Thanks, Emily! That would be great. Emily Mitchell’s Top Reasons to Visit Middlemarch, New Zealand
- The ratio of men to women. There are eligible bachelors in every direction you look. That’s the reason the ball started—to bring more women to the Middlemarch region.
- A large majority of the men have special abilities. *glances over shoulder* Sorry, I can’t tell you more, but if you spend any length of time with one man and love is in the air, he’ll let you in on the secret.
- There is a real sense of family and community. The Mitchells are a big family, but their friends are an extended family too. Trouble brings them circling the wagons, I can tell you!
- The scenery is gorgeous in all seasons and the air is crisp and clean.
- The town is safe, a good place for kids. *pauses* We’ve had a problem…no, Middlemarch is a safe place.
- The city isn’t far away. We can drive there in an hour if the need for a fancy dinner or culture strikes.
- The Middlemarch Rail Trail and the Taieri Gorge Train bring lots of tourists. They’re both fun activities, even for locals.
- The local café, Storm in a Teacup, makes brilliant coffee. The meals are excellent too. Of course I’m biased since I own the place.
- The local pub is rough and rustic, but they serve a good beer. Excellent on a hot summer’s day like today.
- It’s where my husband Saber was born, and he’s a man in a million.